Dear Asian filmmakers, the Dox Leipzig – International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film is accepting films until June 15, 2023.
About the festival:
DOK Leipzig is an annual festival for documentaries and animations that celebrates film and promotes debate. The festival focuses on the values of peace, tolerance, human dignity and freedom of expression, along with a strong, individual artistic signature of the filmmakers.
The winner of the International Competition Documentary Film as well as all winners of our International Competition Short Documentary and Animation Film will qualify for consideration for the annual ACADEMY AWARDS® provided that the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
European Film Awards
All documentaries by European filmmakers that are shown in our competitions are eligible for the European Film Award in the category of “European Documentary”. DOK Leipzig recommends three documentary films which have premiered with us to the Academy. The films in the selection must have a length of 70 minutes or more.
– International Competition Documentary Film
– International Competition Animated Film
– German Competition Documentary Film
– Audience Competition
– Camera Lucida
– The festival is open to documentary and animated films (of all lengths) as well as animated documentaries and hybrid forms of documentary storytelling.
– Films must have been produced after 2022 or 2023 that have not been publicly screened before October 1, 2022.
– The festival prioritizes World, International, and European premieres, in that order.
– Films should be at least German Premieres.
– Films whose original language is not German or English need subtitles in German or English in order for us to understand them.
– Films that were submitted and rejected in the previous year cannot be resubmitted and will be automatically disqualified.
– The submission fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances. This also applies in the case of a multiple submission, a withdrawn submission, or a rejected submission.
– Films made in the framework of training or studies can be submitted for a discounted submission fee of 10€. The decision on granting the discount is at the discretion of the programme department. A right to the discounted fee cannot be claimed.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
Important: The following countries are exempted from the fee: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam.
– Notification Date: Late August, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.dok-leipzig.de/en/film-submission-regulations
To submit to the festival please visit: https://www.dok-leipzig.de/en/mydok/submission
We remind readers that the 66th Dox Leipzig – International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film will take place from October 8 – 15, 2023 in Leipzig, Germany.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply