Dear Asian filmmakers, the Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until July 5, 2023.
About the festival:
Philadelphia Asian American Film & Filmmakers is a non-profit dedicated to supporting Asian & Pacific Islander (AAPI) diasporic* film and media makers. Their premiere event, The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (PAAFF), emphasizes artworks that are by, for, and about the Asian & Pacific Islander diaspora experience.
Now in its 15th year, PAAFF has grown to be the largest film festival celebrating Asian & Pacific Islander art on the U.S. East Coast and the third-largest in the nation. Since 2008, PAAFF is proud to have presented dozens of culturally relevant films to broad and diverse audiences through our main festival program each November and year-round screening series.
*Asian & Pacific Islander includes, but is NOT limited to people from and are descended from areas now known as Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, China, Russia, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Burma, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Micronesia, and the Pacific Islands
– The festival accepts films and other media that have at least one person of Asian & Pacific Islander descent in a key creative role (director, DP, producer, writer, actor, etc…) and/or are about the Asian & Pacific Islander diasporic.
– The festival accepts feature (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes).
– All submitted works should have been completed in the last 2 years, with some exceptions made if discussed with the programming team.
– The festival accepts films of all premiere statuses, including films that have distribution.
– Films are expected to present at the festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise discussed.
– All non-English language films (with dialogue) MUST have English subtitles. English-language films with subtitles are highly appreciated, but not required.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 19, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://paaff.org/submit/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/PAAFF
We remind readers that the 15th Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival will take place from November 2 – 12, 2023 in Philadelphia, United States.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply