The Image Forum Festival (Japan) is accepting experimental films until March 22nd, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call. *Only for filmmakers who were born or currently reside in the following countries: Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea.*
About the festival:
“The Image Forum Festival,” the largest festival of moving image art in Japan, is accepting submissions of original moving image works. There are no restrictions whatsoever on genre (art films, documentaries, animated works, dramas, and so on), techniques used, or length. We are looking for works that go beyond existing concepts to expand the horizon of visual expression.
General Rules (East Asian Experimental Competition):
– Films must have been made after January 1st, 2020.
– There are no constraints on content or duration.
– The festival is limited to filmmakers who were born or currently reside in the following countries: Japan, China (Hong Kong, Macau), Taiwan, South Korea.
– There are no requirements concerning content, but they are looking for moving image works with a high degree of authorship, artistry, creativity, and experimentation.
– As a basic rule, please provide Japanese or English subtitles if your work includes a language other than Japanese or English.
– Works that have already been commercially screened, broadcast, sold or distributed on the Internet are ineligible for selection.
– There is no limit to the number of times a single individual can apply. But we ask that you fill out a separate application form for each work and record and submit each work on separate media.
– Festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fee: ¥ 1000 Yens | $ 9 USD
– Deadlines: March 22nd, 2021
– Notification Date: End of May, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.imageforumfestival.com/bosyu2021/en.html (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 35th Image Forum Festival will take place from July 10th – 18th, 2021 in Tokyo, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply