The Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival is accepting productions for their Short Film Competition until February 28th, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call (only for Filipino Filmmakers).
About the festival:
The Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival is a key project of the Foundation first held in 2005 in partnership with the Cultural Center of the Philippines. A competitive film festival, it serves as a concrete means to achieve its purpose to discover gifted filmmakers. It also aims to invigorate the Philippine film industry by developing a new breed of Filipino filmmakers.
– ONLY entries by Filipino Filmmakers will be accepted.
– Revised versions of a film, or a film re-submitted under a different title shall be
– Interested participants may submit a maximum of three (3) entries, but only one
(1) entry per proponent may be considered as a finalist.
– Entries MUST have been produced within the period of March 2, 2019 to
February 28, 2020.
– Films should not exceed the 20-minute mark.
– Short film entries that have been featured in other local and international festivals
and competitions are qualified for the Cinemalaya competition.
– Dialogue should be primarily in Filipino or any Philippine language as appropriate,
with English subtitles.
– Submissions MUST be done via online at the festival’s official website (bit.ly/Cinemalaya2020SubmitShortFeat)
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: February 28th, 2020 (Friday, 6:00 pm Manila Time)
– Notification Date: May 12th, 2020.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: bit.ly/Cinemalaya2020ShortsMechanics
We remind readers that the 16th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival will take place from August 7th – 16th, 2020 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines & Selected Cinemas in Philippines.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry