The Busan International Film Festival (Korea) is accepting Asian short films until June 21, 2023, and feature films until July 19, 2023.
About the festival:
The Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) held annually in Haeundaegu, Busan (Korea) is one of the most important film festivals in Asia, together with the Hong Kong International Film Festival and the Tokyo International Film Festival. Since the first edition in 1996, the festival aim to introduce new films and first-time directors to the world. Another notable feature is the appeal of the festival to young people, both in terms of the large youthful audience it attracts and through its efforts to develop and promote young talent.
– The festival accepts Asian short films (less than 60 minutes – less than 30 minutes for competition) and feature films (60 minutes or more).
– The Festival accepts features, short films, documentaries, and animation.
– Short Documentaries (both Asian and Non-Asian) and Non-Asian short fiction films are not open to submission
– For the Wide Angle-Korean Short Film Competition and Asian Short Film Competition sections, only films with a total running of not more than 30 minutes, and only World
– Premiere and International Premiere films are considered.
– The film must not be broadcasted on TV or available on the Internet prior to the Festival.
– The film must have been completed no earlier than October 2022, and should be completed no later than September 2023.
– Films previously submitted to the Festival but not selected will not be reconsidered.
– Films in any language other than Korean or English must be provided with English subtitles.
– If you provide false or misleading information, the film selection may be subject to cancellation at any time.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Asian Short Films – June 21, 2023 (18:00 pm KST)
* Feature Films – July 19, 2023 (18:00 pm KST)
– Notification Date: Late August 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.biff.kr/pop/file/2023_Official_Submission_Rules_and_Regulations_eng.pdf
To submit to the festival please visit: https://www.biff.kr/eng/addon/10000001/page.asp?page_num=6946
We remind readers that the 28th Busan International Film Festival will take place from October 4 -13, 2023 in Busan, Korea.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply