Dear Asian filmmakers, the AFI FEST Film Festival (USA) is accepting short films until June 1, 2023.
About the festival:
Each fall, AFI FEST presents the year’s most significant films. Kicking off the awards season each year, AFI FEST offers a crucial avenue of exposure to the entertainment community. Featuring international work from emerging filmmakers, global showcases of films from the great masters, tributes and red-carpet gala premieres, AFI FEST brings the very best of world cinema to the city of Los Angeles, the film capital of the world. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences recognizes AFI FEST as a qualifying festival for the Short Films category of the annual Academy Awards.
– The festival only accepts short films under 40 minutes.
– Films must have been completed after November 1, 2022.
– If the submission is in a language other than English; the screener that is submitted must include English subtitles.
– There is no regional premiere requirement. Short films are eligible to apply regardless of television broadcast history and online availability.
– Previously declined submissions will not be accepted unless the project has undergone significant content changes (60% or more) and meets all other submission requirements.
– All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 27, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://fest.afi.com/submit-your-film/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/AFIFEST
We remind readers that the 37th AFI FEST Film Festival will take place from October 25 – 29, 2023 in Los Angeles, CA, United States.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply