The Sapporo International Short Film Festival & Market (Japan) is accepting international short films until April 16; Japanese shorts until April 30; and Japanese shorts (Premieres) until June 30, 2023.
About the festival:
The Sapporo International Short Film Festival continues to attract around 3000 entries per year across all genres cementing its reputation as one of Japan’s largest and most respected showcases of short form cinema. The festival offers one of the best opportunities available for filmmakers looking to expose their creative works to large audiences and to submit for appraisal by high profile international jury members in the heart of the burgeoning Asian transnational film scene.
Since its inception in 2006, the festival has received more than 53,000 entries from 145 countries. The high volume of entries each year allows for the curation of an extensive and diverse array of programs of both Japanese and international films of the highest quality in various competitive categories. Selected films are professionally showcased, subtitled in Japanese, and screened in the state of the art cinema surroundings.
– The festival accepts shorts of all genres, including music video.
– Short Films shouldn’t exceed 30 minutes including credits.
– Short Films must be completed after January 1st, 2022.
– Screening and preview file must be subtitled in English if the main language is not English. No closed captioning.
– No premiere status required in Japan (except the Japanese Competition Premiere).
– All submissions will be registered to the short film market.
– All international, non-japanese productions films should submit via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 1, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/Sapporoshortfest (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 18th Sapporo International Short Film Festival & Market will take place from October 6 – 9, 2023 both on site (Sapporo, Japan) and online.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry