Dear Asian filmmakers, the Provincetown International Film Festival (United States) is accepting films until March 1, 2023.
About the festival:
The Provincetown International Film Festival is dedicated to showcasing new achievements in independent film and honoring the work of emerging as well as acclaimed directors, producers and actors. Now celebrating 25 years, PIFF has established itself as the largest cultural event in lower Cape Cod and Provincetown’s premier cultural event, attracting over 10,000 film-goers, movie buffs, and arts patrons. This festival showcases over 100 US and international independent narrative, documentary and animated features and shorts as well as panel discussions and special events.
* The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences® has named the Provincetown International Film Festival (PIFF) as a qualifying festival in the category of Short Films. Winners of the PIFF Best Narrative Short Film, Best Documentary Short Film, and Best Queer Short Film awards may qualify to enter the Academy Awards® for the concurrent season, provided the films otherwise comply with the Academy rules.
– The festival accepts narrative and documentary films.
– Films must have been completed after January 1, 2022
– Multiple titles may be submitted by an entrant. However, each title requires its own separate entry form and entry fee.
– Feature films may not have been released theatrically, or be available via streaming or online to the public prior to the festival.
– To be eligible for the student discount submission fee, a photocopy or scan of valid student identification must be provided to verify status.
– Selected short films may be programmed to screen either before a feature, as part of a shorts program, at an event, or any combination thereof.
– Submissions must be made via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: May 26, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.provincetownfilm.org/festival/submit/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/ProvincetownFilmFestival
We remind readers that the 25th Provincetown International Film Festival will take place from June 14 – 18, 2023 in Provincetown, MA, United States.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry