Dear Asian filmmakers, the Calgary International Film Festival (Canada) is accepting films until June 26, 2023.
About the festival:
The Calgary International Film Festival’s mission is “to entertain and engage audiences by curating the most innovative and compelling films, and creating remarkable festival experiences.”
Achieving their mission includes hosting a large number of participating filmmakers – both locally and from abroad – and connecting them with the audience through interactive post-screening Q&As, networking, and through panels and film talks open to the general public. They aim to be a place where filmmakers and fans can find each other, discuss and appreciate films, and discover not only new talent and audiences, but new ways to connect over their love of film, and get one-of-a-kind interactive viewing experiences that go beyond the screen.
Eligibility (International Films):
– Film must not have been exhibited before June 1, 2022 and not previously submitted to the Festival.
– The festival accepts feature (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes).
– Feature films must be at minimum a Calgary premiere (City Premiere), and must not be or have been available online in any form within the province of Alberta (e.g. iTunes, VOD, Netflix).
– For Short Films the festival will give priority to short films that have not yet screened in Calgary and are not yet available online. We do accept competition-based created shorts, where screening online is part of the process (e.g. Telus STORYHIVE).
– All applicable licenses and waivers of copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and other such intellectual property rights have been secured by the filmmaker(s) .
– Films not in the English language must be subtitled in English.
– Films previously submitted to the Festival in any stage of completion (i.e. films that were submitted as rough cuts) will not be reconsidered.
– Submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 17, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/CalgaryInternationalFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 24th Calgary International Film Festival will take place from September 21 until October 1, 2023 in Calgary, Canada.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply