The Sine Kabataan Short Film Lab and Festival (Philippines) is accepting short film projects until February 15, 2023. *Only for Filipino filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Sine Kabataan Short Film Lab and Festival is conducted by the FDCP as a platform for aspiring young filmmakers to expose their talents and skills and to encourage the youth to develop their creativity and originality in storytelling while touching on pertinent issues in society.
Twenty (20) story concepts will be shortlisted and will be required to participate in film labs to further develop their skills in film production and to elevate their projects. Later on, ten (10) projects will be chosen as finalists through pitching. The chosen finalists will be given a grant to produce their Sine Kabataan Short Film.
– Filipino filmmakers who are 18-30 years of age who have already produced at least one short film.
– The applicants may submit concepts that depict the youth’s perception of the following issues: Health, Security & Peace Building, Education, and Family Values.
– Films can be live action, animated, documentary or experimental.
– The completed film must have a total running time of at least seven (7) to twenty (20) minutes, including the opening and closing credits.
– The completed film output will have its premiere during the Philippine Film Industry Month in September 2023.
– The rights to completed film output will belong to the proponent. However, the Film Development Council of the Philippines reserves the right to screen entries in various cultural and non-commercial events and platforms.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: February 15, 2023
– DULY ACCOMPLISHED APPLICATION FORM with complete details (Complete name and contact details, Working Title, Synopsis, Director/Scriptwriter Intention’s Note, Concept, and Financial Plan). You can download the application form below.
– Online link to one (1) previously produced short film (if applicable). (Note: the online link must be set to private and the link and password must be uploaded via Vimeo or Google Drive).
– Brief resume, HD profile photo, and a copy of a government-issued ID of the filmmaker.
– Story concept (in PDF) and/or script if available.
The FINALISTS are required to send two of their members and shall undergo intensive film labs under the supervision and guidance of mentors from the film industry that would help them to develop their skills in story development, editing, technicalities, and other elements of filmmaking to better translate their stories.
Story Development Lab
In the Story Development Lab, FDCP will be inviting directors and writers from the industry to equip the finalists with the necessary tools and information they need to create truthful and insightful narratives that will translate into inspiring films. The lab will have a talk and separate mentoring for each finalist.
This Lab focuses on how to perfectly pitch a project to different kinds of investors, which contents are the most adequate to present, what information you can’t leave out of your presentation and how to communicate your ideas and your project in the best possible way. After the lab, there will be a Pitching Session where all the shortlisted participants will pitch their projects to the Selection Committee. Ten (10) projects will be chosen as part of the Sine Kabataan Finalist.
The editing lab is a one-on-one session with industry experts. The finalists will bring the rough cut of their films and will be criticised and mentored for the betterment of their project. The two-day workshop ensures that there is progress with the mentored projects. After this, they will be given ample time to polish their works and will be subject to submission in preparation for the screening and awards night.
This competition consists of TEN (10) chosen finalists and will be given a production grant of P100,000.00 each to produce at least 7 to 20 minutes short film and shall comply with all the administrative and auditing requirements as advised by the Sine Kab Secretariat. The grant will be given in two (2) tranches.
The completed film output will have its premiere during the Philippine Film Industry Month in September.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.fdcp.ph/programs/sinekabataan You can download the submission form here: https://bit.ly/Sinekab2023applicationform
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply