The Korea Queer Film Festival is accepting films until February 28, 2023.
About the festival:
Since our founding in 2001, Korea Queer Film Festival (KQFF) is an annual event held in Seoul, Korea, as part of the Seoul Queer Culture Festival (SQCF)—the largest LGBTQ+ festival in Korea visited by more than 150,000 people. Starting from a small screening event, KQFF has achieved significant growth, programming more than 70 films last year and marking its 20th anniversary next year. As a non-profit organization run by volunteers, the mission of KQFF is to celebrate diversity and develop cultural resources for the LGBTQ+ community, bringing the queer’s voices on screen. KQFF works as the public sphere for cultural/political agendas, including anti-discrimination law and its legislation, the possibility of identity politics, and irregularities in social structures.
– Subject matter and materials of your film entries must be suitable for a LGBT film festival, and your film entries must contain certain insight or perspective on the lives of the LGBTIAQ+ community.
– Films must be produced in the last 2 years (2021-2022)
– The festival accepts short films under 40 minutes and feature films over 50 minutes.
– Films can be in any language. Films MUST include English Subtitles.
– There is no premiere restriction policy, and all films are eligible for submission regardless of their availability on TV/DVD/OTT platforms.
– The festival only accepts International Films through FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees: Feature Films $ 5 USD | Short Films $ 2 USD
– Deadline: February 28, 2023
– Notification Date: March 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/KoreaQueerFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 23rd Korea Queer Film Festival will take place from June 1 until July 31, 2023 in Seoul, Korea.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply