The Women Make Waves International Film Festival (Taiwan) is accepting films until March 6, 2023.
About the festival:
Established as a non-profit organization in 1993, the Women Make Waves International Film Festival, (Taipei, Taiwan) has been one of the major film festivals in Taiwan and has established itself as the biggest one dedicated to supporting female talents. It is also the longest-running and largest issue-oriented film festival in Taiwan.
Women Make Waves International Film Festival, Taiwan aims to celebrate the achievements of outstanding female talents, to explore different aspects of women’s lives as well as promote equality and rights of all genders. By covering a wide range of genres, issues, and representations of women, WMWIFF seeks to promote great cinematic arts by female directors and to advocate gender equality through films with feminist consciousness and various subjects.
– The films submitted need to be directed at least by One FEMALE (including self-identifying female) Director.
– The festival accepts all forms, styles, lengths, and formats. Anything related to LGBTQI communities, women issues and ideologies such as feminism and post-feminism, and current events around the world that reflects the status quo of women.
– International films eligible for entry must be completed no earlier than March 1st, 2021 except the films related to the following theme, Appearance Anxiety, Digital Sexual Violence.
– Films require Taiwan Premiere.
– The submitted films should be presented with English dialogue or in their original versions with English subtitles. We advise you to also subtitle films even if they are spoken in English.
– Work-In-Progress are not eligible for submission.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees: $ 10 USD
– Deadline: March 6, 2023
– Notification Date: June 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/WomenMakeWavesFilmFestivalTaiwan
We remind readers that the 30th Women Make Waves International Film Festival will take place from October 13 – 22, 2023 in Taipei, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry