The Docedge Kolkata, Asian Forum for Documentary (India) is accepting projects until January 20, 2023. *For filmmakers/producers from Asian countries*
About the project:
DocedgeKolkata, Asian Forum for Documentary is an Incubation, pitching and networking platform for Indian and Asian filmmakers to develop best practices of storytelling skill. The forum is one the most vibrant documentary platforms in Asia creating co-production opportunities and creative collaborations for independent filmmakers who speak distinctly with their own voices.
– DocedgeKolkata is looking for author-led creative documentary proposals aiming for international co-production. The proposed projects should preferably be at the late development or production stage.
– All filmmakers/ producers, by nationality belonging to one of the Asian countries, are eligible to apply for DocedgeKolkata 2023.
– Films which are already completed are not eligible for application.
– Students of any academic institution are not eligible to apply with a project. However, they can apply as Observers.
– It is assumed and expected that the selected participants are available to attend all the sessions of DocedgeKolkata AFD 2023, both online and in-person.
The Application requires the following docs during submission.
– Logline : A brief summary of your story within one or two sentences(maximum 45 words).
– Synopsis: An overview of the proposed story highlighting the story premise, most important aspects of your story, your main characters and their objectives and motivation in the given circumstances along with story plot and theme.(maximum 400words).
– Treatment: Elaborate what the proposed film is about while highlighting the motives and journey of the main characters and where the story is set. Describe the events, changes, and conflicts with significant plot points underlining where the story is going and how it will reach a resolution and what happens at the end. Include the author’s unique visual approach and style (maximum 1000 words).
– Director’s Statement: Elaborate on your vision of the story, inspiration, motivation and personal connection or compelling causes, if any(maximum 300 words)
– Short Bio-filmography: Applicant’s filmography (maximum 300 words each)
– Visal Trailer: An edited audi-visual clip of the proposed film (maximum 3 minutes)
A maximum of 24 projects including awarded projects from other Asian markets/ forums will be selected to participate in DocedgeKolkata 2023. The selections for DocedgeKolkata2023 shall be considered final and binding.
Any aspiring filmmaker or producer, student of film, media and art institutions and professionals or early-career filmmakers from an Asian country can apply as an Observer to attend workshops and sessions of DocegeKolkata 2023.
Important: International Applicants do notrequire to pay any application fees at the time of application submission. Ifselected, the applicants will be informed about the consolidated amount theyneed to pay during their participation.
They need to pay the following Fees during Online Application
– Participant with project – INR 1500
– 2nd Participant (if any) – INR 1500
– Observer – INR 1000
WORKSHOP PARTICIPATION FEES
(Fees to be paid after selection)
– 1st Participant – INR 14,000
– 2nd Participant – INR 12,000
– Observer – INR 7000
– 1st Participant with Project – $200
– 2nd Participant (if any) – $170
– Observer – $100
Application Deadline: January 20, 2023
Selection Announcement: February 8, 2023
Participants & Observers Registration for Workshop: February 10 – 17, 2023
Mentoring & Incubation Session: February 27 to March 3, 2023
Pitch Season and One-On-One Meetings: March 4 – 5, 2023
*All workshop days will be followed by film screenings and discussions.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.docresi.org/Docedge.aspx?page=About%20The%20Workshop
To apply please go here: http://docresi.org/project_application.aspx
For observers, please go here: http://docresi.org/observer_application.aspx
We remind readers that the 20th Docedge Kolkata, Asian Forum for Documentary will take place from February 27 until March 5, 2023 in Kolkata, India.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry