The Jeonju Cinema Project: Next Edition is accepting projects until January 9, 2023. The final selected project will receive investment up to approx. 100 million KRW and should be world premiered at 25th JEONJU IFF in 2024.
About the Jeonju Cinema Project:
JEONJU Cinema Project (JCP) is a feature film production program of JEONJU IFF. Since its launch in 2014, JCP has domestically and internationally supported world-recognized filmmakers by funding films each year.
1) The project should be a new project of the director/producer who has directed/produced one feature film and more.
2) The Project should be a feature film length (minimum of 60 minutes) with theatrical release potential.
3) The project can be in different stages of development, but a complete film script should be available before pitching.
4) The Project can be funded or invested by other organizations or funding programs; however, it must present its World Premiere at JEONJU IFF.
(Please include all the funding sources and the total amount in the production budget document.)
Terms and Conditions
1) The final project selected as JEONJU Cinema Project must have their world premiere at the 25th JEONJU IFF in 2024.
2) The final selected project receive a maximum budget of 100 million KRW (approximately 75,500 USD as of 11th November, 2022). Since withholding tax shall be deducted from the total amount of the given fund, in accordance with the Korean tax law, the actual amount of earnings may vary, depending on the tax rate and the tax treaty between Korea and the director’s (or producer’s) country of origin.
3) JEONJU IFF has the exclusive right to exercise the film’s copyright in Korea; and directors (or producers) of the selected film has the film’s copyright in one country they choose. (In case another Korean co-production company is on board, further discussion will be needed.)
4) Under the prior agreement with JEONJU IFF, directors (or producers) of the selected films can freely apply for additional funding or attract investment for filmmaking.
5) JEONJU IFF has the right to request to insert a film leader, logos or names in the beginning and at the end credits of the film, but shall never interfere with any editing.
1) Pre-selection: 5-10 projects will be selected based on the submitted documentations by the JCP Selection Committee. Pre-selection results will be announced at the end of March, 2023
2) Pitch: Pre-selected projects will attend the pitching program at JEONJU Project during JEONJU IFF, 30th April – 2nd May, 2023.
3) Final Selection: One final selected project will be announced at JEONJU Project Award Ceremony by the Jury Committee.
*At least one representative should be present for the pitching held at JEONJU Project.
*JEONJU IFF covers a round-trip flight ticket and three-night standard accommodations for one participant from the project who attends the pitch.
*The dates might be changed.
Required Documents for Pre-selection
a. Application Form
• The Application form will be made available on JEONJU IFF Entry Website (https://entry.jeonjufest.kr/en)
• The following information is required in the form
– General info: title, production country, type of film
– Financial info: total budget in USD, secured financing
– Production Plan: stage of progress, schedule
– Filmography, biography and contact details of director & producer
b. Required Documents for Application
• Treatment (max. 3 pages)
• Detailed Production Schedule
• Detailed Production Budget and Financial Plan
• Portfolio of the director (Provide streaming link such as Vimeo and YouTube)
• Visual references (All types of materials such as photographs, videos, or mood boards)
• Trailer (optional)
* All materials should be written in English and should be submitted online.
3)Required Materials for Pitch
Presentation materials should be prepared in advance including additional contents below and brief introduction of the project.
• Complete Script
• Production Progress
• Visual References
• Trailer or Rough cut (Optional)
January 9, 2023 – 17:00 (KST)
For more information please visit: https://entry.jeonjufest.kr/en/JCP-submission.asp
JEONJU PROJECT – JEONJU Cinema Project: NEXT EDITION
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry