The KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival (India) is accepting films until March 8, 2023.
About the festival:
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is the first LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, Intersex, Asexual) film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theater, and the first LGBTQIA+ film festival in India to receive clearance from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
KASHISH MIQFF, now considered South Asia’s biggest LGBTQIA+ film festival and one of world’s top 5 coolest LGBTQIA+ film festival, has over the past 12 editions become one of the biggest pride events in India.
– The festival welcomes Filmmakers/ Producers/ Distributors across the world to submit features, documentaries, short and animation films that highlight/ focus on LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) lives and issues.
– KASHISH 2023 will be as an in-person and online event. All the films playing at the online festival shall be available online for 48 hours.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2021.
– The festival accepts short films (between 4 – 60 minutes), and feature films (over 60 minutes).
– All non-English language films SHOULD have English Subtitles. We prefer English language films too with subtitles or close-captions, for the festival to be more inclusive and accessible to hearing impaired audience members.
– Films submitted for earlier editions of KASHISH MIQFF and not accepted cannot be submitted again. Re-submission of the same or re-edited films will not be approved and will be rejected.
– For the competition categories the film should be completed after January 1, 2022, should be a Mumbai Premiere, should not have a theatrical, satellite release or streamed on ANY VOD platforms such as Netflix/Youtube.
– The festival accepts student short films under 60 minutes.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: March 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/KASHISH2023
We remind readers that the 14th KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival will take place from June 7 – 11, 2023 in Mumbai, India.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry