The Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) is accepting projects for the Work-in-Progress (WIP) initiative until December 16, 2022. Directors and producers of the selected projects will be invited to the WIP to introduce their new films.
About this initiative:
The WIP initiative is designed for film projects that are in the later stage of production. The purpose of this initiative is to help producers and directors to secure post-production funds, meet distribution agents and film festival programmers. Directors and producers of the selected projects will be invited to the WIP to introduce their new films.
Each team will have 10 minutes to present its project, including a video excerpt of the film, and then followed by a 5-min Q&A session from investors, distribution company representatives, post-production company representatives, film festivals programmers and the like. Private meetings with the attendees can also be arranged.
Furthermore, HAF will again partner with Marché du Film of Cannes Film Festival to shortlist five projects from the WIP selection to join the “HAF Goes to Cannes” program in May 2023. Screening and exposure opportunities for the selected projects will be offered.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted material.
– Full-length (running time 60 minutes or longer) feature fiction film project with a director, producer and a production company attached;
– With a proposed budget;
– Display a high market potential for Asian and/or international market;
– Exhibit both artistic and commercial qualities;
– At production or post-production stage;
– Priority will be given to projects that have participated in Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) and Operation Greenlight in the past.
– A completed online Project Submission Form;
– One-sentence synopsis (30 words in English; 60 words in Chinese);
– Synopsis (200 words in English; 250 words in Chinese);
– Director’s Statement (200 words in English; 250 words in Chinese);
– Director’s Biography and Filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
– Producer’s Biography and Filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
– Production company profile (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
– Budget Plan (in electronic format ONLY, please use the template provided in the submission system);and
– A video clip of a scene (or scenes) of the project (about 10 mins each, only accepts video clips available on online streaming platforms. Please include up to three links to your video in the submission form. The link(s) has to be valid until 31 March 2023. Please provide the password if the link(s) is protected) ; and
– Director’s previous work (HAF only accepts video clips available on online streaming platforms. Please include up to three links to your video in the submission form. The link(s) has to be valid until 31 March 2023. Please provide the password if the link(s) is protected); and
– Full Script (in electronic format ONLY).
– For selected WIP non-Hong Kong projects, HAF will arrange accommodation for the representative(s) who do(es) not reside in Hong Kong. Details will be provided to the representative(s) in due course. HKIFFS reserves the right to final decision.
– At least one representative of each selected project is required to attend all meetings and events organised by HKIFF Industry.
– All submissions and supporting materials shall comply with the above eligibility and selection criteria.
– One submission form is for one project submission only.
– For Chinese-language project submissions, all supporting materials must be submitted in both English and Chinese.
– All submissions must adhere to entry character limits.
– Submissions missing any required materials will not be processed.
– Materials and information supplied will be treated as confidential and will be used by Hong Kong International Film Festival Society (HKIFFS), their affiliates or designated personnel only.
– All materials submitted will not be returned.
– Please specify in the submission form if the project has been / will be presented in other project markets.
– Decisions of HKIFFS are final.
December 16, 2022 (23:59 GMT+8:00 Hong Kong Time)
Online payment via ETICKETS.HK*: HK$800 (approx. US$105)
Local Transfer (ATM) or Telegraph Transfer **: HK$1,100 (approx. US$145)
Selected projects will be notified individually by mid February 2023.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here (This is also the submission link): https://industry.hkiff.org.hk/en/haf/wip
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry