Dear Asian filmmakers, the Seattle International Film Festival (USA) is accepting shorts and feature films until January 6, 2023.
About the festival:
Historically, the Seattle International Film Festival is the largest film festival in the United States, presenting more than 200 features, documentaries, and short films to an audience of over 100,000 each year. SIFF is consistently ranked as one of the top festivals in North America, and is an Academy Award-qualifying festival for short films.
SIFF started out as an event aimed squarely at Seattle filmgoers, renowned for their strong support for independent cinema and their sophisticated, maverick tastes. Through the years, Seattle audiences have proven themselves to be remarkably astute judges of a film’s theatrical strength in the American marketplace. This, in turn, has made SIFF a great testing ground for new films. Our emphasis on keeping the Festival an event aimed first and foremost at filmgoers, provides the films themselves with the kind of genuine audience response that has attracted the participation of so many filmmakers and film distributors.
– Films submitted must have premiered on or after January 2022.
– There is no Premiere status required but the festival will give preference to films that that have not yet been presented in the Pacific Northwest.
– The festival accepts short films (under 30 minutes) and feature films (over 30 minutes).
– The festival accepts narrative, documentary, and experimental films.
– Foreign language films must be made available with the original language soundtrack and English subtitles.
– You may re-submit a previously submitted film, with the proper entry fee, only if the film has been significantly altered, re-edited or re-made since the initial submission.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 21, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/SIFF
We remind readers that the 49th Seattle International Film Festival will take place in cinemas from May 11 – 21, and virtually from May 22 – 28, 2023.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry