Dear Asian filmmakers, the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival is accepting documentaries until January 5, 2023.
About the festival:
Hot Docs was founded in 1993 by the Documentary Organization of Canada (formerly the Canadian Independent Film Caucus), a national association of independent documentary filmmakers. In 1996, Hot Docs became a separately incorporated organization with a mandate to showcase and support the work of Canadian and international documentary filmmakers and to promote excellence in documentary production.
Each year, Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival—North America’s largest doc festival, conference and market—presents over 200 cutting edge films from around the world.
– All films must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
– Features (over 66 minutes), mid-length films (between 41 – 65 minutes), and episodic series must be at minimum Ontario premieres.
– Short films (under 40 minutes) must be at minimum Toronto premieres.
– All films must be in English, subtitled in English or English versioned (non-English language films may be submitted with an English transcript; however, if selected for Hot Docs, the film must be subtitled or dubbed into English at the applicant’s expense).
– All films may not have submitted to the Festival previously in any stage of completion.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
**Extended deadline is ONLY available for either:
– International feature films (66+ min that are submitting as a world premiere)
– Canadian films of any length or premiere status
Please note that HST taxes (13%) are not included in the above fees. All amounts are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
– Notification Date: End of March 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://hotdocs.ca/industry/conference/submit-a-film
To submit to the festival please visit: https://www.tfaforms.com/5003634
We remind readers that the 30th Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival will take place from April 27 until May 7, 2023 in Toronto, Canada.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply