Dear Asian filmmakers, the New York International Children’s Film Festival is accepting films until December 1, 2022.
About the festival:
The Oscar®-qualifying New York Int’l Children’s Film Festival, the largest film festival for children and teens in North America, will be celebrating over 25 extraordinary years of screenings, special events, filmmaker spotlights, inventive and intelligent films, and discovery in 2023.
Presented over four weekends at major venues throughout New York City, the Festival showcases approximately 100 short and feature films, filmmaker Q&As, retrospective programs, parties, premieres, and industry forums. As an Academy Award®-qualifying Festival in the Best Live Action and Animated Short Film categories, the Festival attracts a prestigious jury: esteemed directors, actors, studio executives and industry leaders such as Sofia Coppola, Melissa Cobb, Jorge Gutiérrez, Peter Ramsey, Uma Thurman, Nora Twomey, and more. Winners of the Festival’s juried prizes are eligible for consideration at the annual Academy Awards®. Audience awards are presented in each film category, with audience members of all ages voting on the Festival-winning films. NYICFF receives major editorial coverage in The New York Times, and its Best of the Fest programs tour to major museums, arthouse theaters and film festivals across the U.S.
– The festival accepts feature (over 40 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes).
– To be eligible to screen in competition, production must be completed no earlier than January 1, 2020.
– If the Entry contains dialogue or narration not in English, the Entry must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
– If submitting a link to an online screener, please ensure that it does not expire and provide any necessary passwords. Please include available promotional materials such as high-resolution stills, production credits, and director’s biography and press reviews.
– Once submitted, Entries may not be withdrawn from participation in the Festival.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: February 24, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full rules and regulations here: https://nyicff.org/festival/submissions/
We remind readers that the 26th New York International Children’s Film Festival will take place from March 3 – 19, 2023.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry