The Queer East Film Festival (UK) is accepting films until January 15, 2023. * Only films made by, or that are about, LGBTQ+ people in East or Southeast Asia, or diaspora communities*
About the festival:
Queer East is an LGBTQ+ film and arts festival that showcases queer cinema from East and Southeast Asia to audiences in the UK. Screening compelling, authentic work made by international filmmakers and diaspora communities, the festival exists to amplify the voices of Asian communities and explore the queer landscape in contemporary Asia.
– The festival is looking for films and artists’ moving image works made by, or that are about, LGBTQ+ people in East or Southeast Asia, or diaspora communities.
– The festival accepts short and feature films.
– The festival accepts fiction, documentary, animation, and experimental films.
– The film should have been completed within the last 3 years.
– Premiere status is not a requirement, but we may prioritize films that have not yet reached a wide audience in the UK.
– All entries not in the English language should have English subtitles.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: February 6, 2023
You can read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/queereast
We remind readers that the 4th Queer East Film Festival is currently planned for April 2023 in venues across London, followed by a nationwide tour in autumn.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply