Dear Asian filmmakers, the Vienna Shorts International Short Film Festival (Austria) is accepting shorts films until January 31, 2023.
About the festival:
Vienna Shorts is the international short film festival in Vienna. The presentation of short films and the exchange about them are the main focus.
The festival is organized by the association Independent Cinema and shows about 300 productions under 30 minutes. The competition is structured in four categories, for each of which separate entries can be submitted. Other sections include portraits and thematically curated programs.
Vienna Shorts is a qualifying festival for the Academy Awards® (Oscars), the European Film Awards (EFA), the British BAFTA Awards as well as the Austrian Film Award and awards prize money of approximately EUR 20,000 annually.
Note: We will only display information for categories where international filmmakers can apply. For the national competitions please visit: https://www.viennashorts.com/
– The festival accepts films from all genres.
– The festival accepts films up to 30 minutes in length. Films for non-competitive categories must be under 45 minutes.
– Films should have been completed after January 1st, 2022. Films for non-competitive categories should have been completed after January 1st, 2021.
– A re-submission is only possible if the film has been substantially altered
– Films can be submitted via the festival’s own platform Filmchief (via the website viennashorts.com) or via the submission platforms FilmFreeway and Shortfilmdepot.
– If the submitted film contains non-English language dialog or text, English subtitles must be provided. This also applies to German language films.
– For the submission of films, working or raw versions of films are accepted—however, the image editing process should already be completed at the time of submission (picture-lock).
– There is no strict rule for premieres. In order to guarantee the highest possible relevance of the competition entries for the audience and the guests, preference is given in all competition categories to those films that were neither shown in a Viennese cinema nor available online before VIENNA SHORTS in Austria. The festival reserves the right to show films otherwise not at all or only out of competition.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/viennashorts
We remind readers that the 20th Vienna Shorts International Short Film Festival will take place from June 1 – 6, 2023.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply