Dear Asian filmmakers, the Brussels Short Film Festival (Belgium) is accepting films until January 22, 2023.
About the festival:
This festival is an exhibition intended for lovers of cinema, both audience and professionals. It’s purpose is to promote and circulate short films and to generate contacts between audience, young directors and professionals.
Since 2018, the Brussels Short Film Festival is an Oscar® Qualifying Film Festival. The winners of the Great Prize of the International and the National Competitions will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/ Live Action Short Film category of the Academy Awards® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
– Films should not exceed 30 minutes in length.
– All genres are welcome.
– Films have to be produced (or the 1st public exhibition) after November 1st, 2021.
– Films have to be available for Festival screening on DCP non-encrypted (named according to the Digital Cinema Naming Convention) and mp4. codec ProRes – 20 to 30 Mbs – 1920 x 1080.
– For the screener, the film imperatively has to be understandable in English (for an English speaking film, the screener can be sent as it is or with French subtitles, for any other languages, English subtitles are mandatory).
– In case of selection, the screening file imperatively has to be understandable in English (subtitles in English if English is not the language of the film). If necessary, French and/or Dutch subtitles will be screened live during the screening.
– The student films have to be submitted to the Student Films Competition “Next Generation”.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: March 21, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://bsff.be/en/submissions-2023/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en/home/festivals/details/id/12/festival/brussels-short-film-festival
We remind readers that the 26th Brussels Short Film Festival will take place from April 26 – May 6, 2023.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry