Dear Asian filmmakers, the Doc Edge Festival (New Zealand) is accepting documentaries until January 15, 2023.
About the festival:
Doc Edge is the home for storytelling that changes your world. Our kaupapa (mission) is to celebrate, support and showcase documentary.
Doc Edge is an Academy Awards® qualifying festival for feature and short documentaries held annually in Auckland, Wellington and nationwide virtually. It seeks to select world and international premieres eligible for Academy Awards® contention.
It showcases the best films from New Zealand and around the world and is committed to selecting the highest quality films that show excellence in storytelling, celebrate diversity and inspire social change.
Note: We will only publish information for international competition. For national (New Zealand) documentaries please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/DocEdgeFestival
– Films must be completed after January 1, 2022.
– Films must be at minimum New Zealand Premieres with preference given to World and International Premieres.
– The submitting party (“the Submitter”) must have the authority to submit the film to Doc Edge and the exclusive rights (including all music clearance rights) to screen theatrically in New Zealand.
– The festival accepts short docs (under 40 minutes) and feature docs (over 40 minutes).
– The festival doesn’t give fee waivers.
– All submissions must include a secure working online screener link.
– All non-English films must have English subtitles and where available closed captions. Dubbing is not acceptable.
– Works In Progress may be accepted with prior consent from us.
– Films submitted before are not eligible.
– Films that are not documentary are not eligible.
– Submission fees and deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 15th, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DocEdgeFestival
We remind readers that the 18th Doc Edge Film Festival will take place online and in cinemas from June 1 – July 10, 2023 in Auckland & Wellington, New Zealand.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry