The BINISAYA Film Festival (Philippines) is accepting short films (under 30 minutes) until September 24, 2022
About the festival:
Founded by local filmmakers and established in 2009, the Binisaya Film Festival aims to develop a uniquely Cebuano sensibility by providing a venue to showcase Bisaya films and Global Cinema unfettered by commercial constraints. BINISAYA has also maintained its status over the years as a hotbed for discussion over the direction of Cebuano films and its place in the world by inviting industry luminaries such as RA Rivera, John Torres, Richard Bolisay, Jade Castro, Teddy Co and Ramon Bautista to name a few. BINISAYA has also showcased works from neighboring Asian countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Afghanistan through the Asian shorts competition. The festival itself has travelled through pop-up screenings all over the country—schools, cinematheques, posh coffee shops, barangay basketball courts, under bridge communities, etc.
– As long as you are Bisaya, residing in any part of the world, you are qualified. Your film can be set anywhere given that you have Bisaya characters. Other languages or dialects are allowed but Bisaya should also be used.
– Open to all non Cebuano films from the Philippines
– Open to all films from all over the world including Cebuano and other Filipinno Films
– Open to student and non-student works.
– Open to narrative films, experimental films, documentaries, animations, etc.
– Films must be made within October 2021 to September 2022.
– Films should be under 30 minutes mark in total running time.
– English subtitles are required.
– Please do not use copyrighted music. You must have rights or permission to use the music featured in your film.
– Send the highest possible format (preferably .mp4) and resolution (preferably HD or higher) of your film.
– They no longer accept DVD submissions. Send your films through Google Drive, Dropbox, or Vimeo.
– Submission Fee:
BINISAYA Shorts and BINISAYA Horizons – $ 1,000 PHP
BINISAYA World – $ 20 USD
– Deadline: September 24, 2022
– Notification Date: October 8, 2022
To submit to the festival please go to:
– BINISAYA World: https://filmfreeway.com/binisaya
– BINISAYA Shorts and BINISAYA Horizons: Google Form
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply