The Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (USA) is accepting films until September 2, 2022.
About the festival:
The first TSAFF took place in 2004. The festival creates a lively, stimulating, and focused environment for conversation, education, and exploration of issues that face South Asia and its Diaspora. Through a series of film screenings, panel discussions, workshops, and cultural programming, our goal is to involve audiences not just with the film and video works presented, but to create a prolonged space where the social, political, personal, and international issues that form the core subjects of those works can be discussed and understood.
– The festival accepts films on themes related to South Asia and its Diaspora. Feature films, shorts, documentaries, web series, music videos, VR/360 films, experimental films, and animations of any length. South Asia includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tibet, and its various Diasporas across the world.
— All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin, as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
– Films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
– Seattle premiere is preferred.
– All works must have been released in 2021 and after.
– To be eligible for a student film submission, either the school name must be in the credits or the filmmaker must be currently enrolled in school.
– Films already available online will only be selected in exceptional cases as determined by the selection committee. In general, we do not screen films that are already available online. Exceptions could be discussed via email to festival directors at tsaff(at)tasveer.org.
– Films are required to have closed caption in their submission
– Submission Fees:
* Features Films – $ 75 USD (Students $ 60 | FilmFreeway Gold Members $ 60)
* Short Films – $ 45 USD (Students $ 40 | FilmFreeway Gold Members $ 40)
* Music Videos – $ 25 USD (Students $ 20 | FilmFreeway Gold Members $ 20)
* Episodic – $ 35 USD (Students $ 30 | FilmFreeway Gold Members $ 30)
– Deadline: September 2, 2022
– Notification Date: September 27, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/TSAFF
We remind readers that the 17th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival will take place from November 4 – 13, 2022 in Seattle, Washington, USA.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
1 reply »