The Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival (Philippines) is accepting short films until September 1st, 2022. * Only for Asian filmmakers *
About the Festival:
Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival is an annual showcase of films that explores the myriad meanings of the “ngilngig”—a common Bisaya expression for something that is “kuyaw” (fantastic) or for something that elicits horror or alluding to the macabre.
From what used to be a horror-genre festival, Ngilngig Festival has expanded its scope to become the first fantastic film festival of its kind in Southeast Asia, extending the reach to other neighboring countries’ “ngilngig” and fantastic films that are significant with our own ways of telling stories to promote and preserve our myths, traditions, history and culture into cinematic form.
– Short horror or fantastic-genre films must come from Asian regions.
– Films should not exceed the 30-minute mark.
– Films must have been completed between September 1, 2019 – September 1, 2022.
– There is no limit to the number of films submitted.
– Films require Philippine premiere.
– Entry Fees:
* International Shorts – $ 10 USD
* Philippine Shorts – $ 500 PHP
* Mindanao Shorts – $ 200 PHP
– Deadline: September 1, 2022
– Notification Date: September 25, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://ngilngig.net/sub22/ (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 8th Ngilngig Asian Fantastic Film Festival will take place in-person and online from October 27 – 30, 2022 in Davao City, Philippines.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry