The CineMapúa Film Festival (Philippines) is accepting films until October 23rd, 2022. * Open to all college, senior & junior high school students from all universities, colleges, and high schools*
About the Festival:
The CineMapúa is an annual student film festival organized by School of Media Studies (SMS) from the Mapúa University. The festival is open to College & High School students in all universities, colleges, and high schools in the Philippines.
– CineMapua is open to all college, senior & junior high school students from all universities, colleges, and high schools worldwide.
– The festival accepts narrative films between 10 and 20 minutes, including opening and closing credits.
– The entry must be a live-action video or animation, in a narrative format, of any of the following genres: drama, comedy, musical, action, suspense, historical, science fiction, or adventure with an emphasis on depicting and preserving the knowledge and values of social realities and cultural heritage such as folklore, traditions, customs, tales, language, social knowledge, issues, and concerns relating to society and people.
– Films using regional dialects must have English subtitles.
– The music or the song used in the entry must be original or must secure a permission from the original artist to use the song or music.
– The competition has four (4) categories: 1) Collegiate Category; 2) High School Category; 3) All Mapúans Category; and 4) World Short Film Section.
– Collegiate Category is a category for college students from all universities & colleges in the Philippines.
– High School Category is a category for senior and junior high school students from all universities, colleges & high schools in the Philippines.
– All Mapúans Category is an exclusive category for Mapúa college, senior high school, and master students from Intramuros and Makati campuses in the Philippines.
– World Short Film Section is a category open to all foreign student-filmmakers worldwide, both college, and high school students.
– Student filmmaker can have a maximum of 2 film entries.
– The film entry must be submitted in soft copy using MP4 format; a maximum 1-minute film teaser (in soft copy, MP4 format); and a film poster in 16×20 size (soft copy).
– All submitted films will be screened to select the Top 10 for Collegiate Category (for the Philippines only), Top 10 for High School Category (for the Philippines only), Top 10 for All Mapúans Category (for the Philippines only), and Top 10 for World Short Film Section (International category). The announcement of the top 10 films for all categories will be on November 15, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. via Cinemapua’s Facebook page and School of Media Studies microsite and Facebook page.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: October 23rd, 2022
– Notification Date: November 15, 2022
To read the FULL rules and Regulations please visit this link: FACEBOOK POST
We remind readers that the 20th Cinemapúa Film Festival will take place from December 5 – 11, 2022 at the Mapúa University new campus in Makati City, Philippines.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”