The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival (Japan) is accepting films until April 23rd, 2022.
About the festival:
The Aichi International Women’s Film Festival has supported the advancement of women in society and promoted international exchange between women since its launch in 1996. They screen films directed by female directors, invite world-famous female directors and rising female directors, and hold guest talks and symposium that provide the participants with opportunities to exchange their views and ideas in order to promote the realization of a gender-equal society.
– The director of the film MUST be female.
– All themes are welcome, regardless of age, professional background, or winning award.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2021.
– The festival accepts live-action films and animation of all genres including drama and documentary.
– Must be films running less than 50 minutes (including end credits).
– Should not have been broadcasted on Japanese terrestrial television prior to September 11th, 2022.
– For non-Japanese language films, Japanese subtitles or English subtitles are required. Finalists will be also required to submit the script in original-language and in English with time code for Japanese subtitles.
– Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection), or uploaded to video-sharing websites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
– Applying with multiple works is acceptable.
– Submissions are done via the festival’s website.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 23rd, 2022
– Notification date: July 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here (This is also the submission link): https://www.aiwff.com/2022/en/about_aiwff/film_work_recruitment/
We remind readers that the 27th Aichi International Women’s Film Festival will take place from September 8th – 11th, 2022 in Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture (Japan).
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry