The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (Korea) is accepting movies until May 3rd, 2022.
About the festival:
The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (SIWFF) is a unique and influential event presenting new values and the alternatives from a feminist perspective among Korean international film festivals. The festival contributes to the development of women’s positive values and plays an essential role establishing a network between Asian and the other countries. SIWFF provides the ways to promote and exhibit Korean women’s films abroad by discovering and supporting women in film industry. It also helps Korean film industry develop and have diversity. Forming future-oriented, alternative culture, SIWFF contributes to the development of the balanced Korea culture to improve Korean national image.
– Competition Sections:
– Discovery: A section to discover and support female filmmakers with cinematic aesthetics and feminist vision emerging around the world.
– Asian Shorts: A section to exhibit shorts made by Asian female filmmakers. A gateway for Asian female filmmakers to explore and support promising female filmmakers.
– I-TEENS: A section to focus on the potentials of teenaged filmmakers and explore future figures in cinema to encourage their creative activities.
– Non-Competitive Section:
– New Currents: A section to Introduce the latest pieces of female filmmakers in world cinema
– The Landscape of Here in Now: A section to look at the contemporary women’s lives with intimate feminist languages and perspectives through Korean films emerged.
– Polemics: A section to exhibit films focusing on pending issues in feminism.
– Queer Rainbow: A section to explore the latest pieces in queer cinemas and cinematic approaches to rethink issues of social norms, tolerance, and rights through the feminist-queer perspectives.
– Feminist Collectives: A section to exhibit films made by domestic and international female communities in video production and explore the feminist film history.
– Special Programs: A section to focus on a variety of subjects related to the film history, film industry, and feminist aesthetics.
– The festival accepts films by directors, regardless of gender. BUT entries to a competition section requires as follows; films directed by a least 1 female director, director’s 1st or 2nd feature films for the Discovery section only, films directed by a director originated in Asian countries for the Asian Shorts section only, films directed by a director under 19 in the production year for the I-Teen section only.
– Films that present various aspects of life from a woman’s perspective or provide insight into gender issues.
– All genres including fiction, documentary, animation and experimental films can be accepted.
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2021.
Films in a competition section are exhibited in both online and offline, and films in a non-competition section are exhibited in offline only. It can be adjusted under mutual agreement.
– The festival accepts feature films (above 40 minutes) and short films (below 40 minutes).
– In case of non-English films, the screeners without English subtitle will be accepted when submitted but English subtitle must be inserted on the print after your film is selected.
– Submissions must be done through the online entry system at the festival’s official website (see link below).
– The festival gives Cash Awards to the Winners.
– Submission Fee: Free
– Deadline: May 3rd, 2022 (KST 11:00 am)
– Notification Date: July 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here (this is also the submission link): RULES AND REGULATIONS
We remind readers that the 24th Seoul International Women’s Film Festival will take place from August 25th until September 1st, 2022 in Seoul, South Korea.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry