The Skip City International D-Cinema Festival (Japan) is accepting films until March 1st, 2022.
About the festival:
Since the festival’s inception in 2004, the competition categories have been set up to discover and nurture the next generation of filmmakers. We look for high quality and innovative films exploring new possibilities for digital expression and accept feature length submissions from all over the world in the International Competition, and feature length and short length films in the Japanese Film Competition. After the pre-selection process, the finalists are selected and screened during the festival. Through the jury process, the awards are given to the filmmakers at the closing ceremony. In the last edition, 1,084 films were submitted from over 104 countries and regions.
– All submissions must be shot digitally and able to be projected in digital format. (If your film is nominated, digital screening material with English subtitles or original language in English will be required.)
– Directors of feature length submissions cannot have more than three feature film directing credits, including documentaries and animations, to their name(s). (If the submitted film is a director’s fourth feature, he or she is not qualified for the competition.)
– Production must be completed after January 1st, 2021.
– Japan Premiere at minimum is required.
– Films cannot be released commercially in Japan prior to the closing date of the Festival.
– Entries submitted once before are not eligible.
* Japanese Film Competition & Japanese Film Competition
The regulation of these categories are written only in Japanese since it’s targeting Japanese Features which are directed or produced by Japanese only. See more: https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/apps/
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 1st, 2022.
– Notification Date: end-May 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/en/agreement.html
International filmmakers/producers must submit their work via FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/SKIPCITYINTERNATIONALD-CinemaFESTIVAL
We remind readers that the Skip City International D-Cinema Festival will take place from July 16th – 24th, Kawaguchi, Saitama, Japan.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry