The Queer East Film Festival (UK) is accepting films until March 7th, 2022. * Only films made by, or that are about, LGBTQ+ people in East or Southeast Asia, or diaspora communities.*
About the festival:
Queer East is an LGBTQ+ festival that showcases queer cinema from East and Southeast Asia to audiences in the UK. Screening compelling, authentic work made by international filmmakers and diaspora communities, the festival exists to amplify the voices of Asian communities and explore the queer landscape in contemporary Asia. They hope to facilitate a better cultural understanding and invite everyone to be part of the conversation about what it means to be Asian and queer, not only through film screenings, but also in panel discussions, talks, and filmmaker Q&As.
– We are looking for films and artists’ moving image works made by, or that are about, LGBTQ+ people in East or Southeast Asia, or diaspora communities.
– The festival accepts short and feature films.
– The festival accepts fiction, documentary, animation, and experimental films.
– Films should have been produced between 2020 and 2022.
– Premiere status is not a requirement, but we may prioritise films that have not yet reached a wide audience in the UK.
– All entries not in the English language should have English subtitles.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: March 31st, 2022
You can read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/queereast
We remind readers that the 3rd Queer East Film Festival will take place from May 18th – 29th, 2022 in London and will tour to other UK cities Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester, Nottingham, Reading, and Sheffield.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply