The Visual Documentary Project (Japan) is accepting short documentaries until August 31st, 2021. *Only for Southeast Asia or Japan filmmakers*
About the festival:
The “Visual Documentary project” was started in 2012 by the Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS), Kyoto University. The project aims to promote documentary filmmaking in Southeast Asia to complement the growing literature that exists on the region. From 2014, the Japan Foundation Asia Center (JFAC) is a co-organizer and helps widely promote the richness of Southeast Asian cultures to people in Japan. The project has linked up with numerous film schools in Southeast Asia to help strengthen the documentary filmmaking networks in the region. To date the project has received over 1000 documentaries over an nine year period.
Each year they have a theme and this year’s is Life and Death in Southeast Asia.
– Applicants MUST BE from Southeast Asia or Japan.
– Documentaries should be no longer than 30 minutes.
– Applicants should make sure they have permission from any subjects that appear in the movies.
– Documentaries should include English subtitles. Translation and subtitling is also the responsibility of applicants. For documentaries selected for screening we require film (without subtitles) and subtitle data to be submitted by requested dates to meet translation embedding schedules. *Selected documentaries will be screened in their original languages with both Japanese and English subtitles. However, documentaries that are in English will only have Japanese subtitles added and vice versa.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: August 31st, 2021
– Notification Date: October 19th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/VisualDocumentaryProject
We remind readers that the Visual Documentary Project will take place online on December 11th, 2021.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry