The Dharamshala International Film Festival (India) is accepting films until August 31st, 2021.
About the festival:
The Dharamshala International Film Festival started in 2012 by filmmakers and Dharamshala residents, Ritu Sarin and Tenzing Sonam. It is held annually in McLeod Ganj, a town with no cinemas that is best known as the exile home of the Dalai Lama. Focusing on showcasing the best of independent films from India and around the world, the festival has gained a reputation for its eclectic and adventurous programming, its beautiful mountain setting, and its intimate and cinema-literate atmosphere. DIFF attracts the finest indie filmmakers, film critics and film lovers from across the country and from abroad.
Due to uncertainty around the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, DIFF 2021 will be held online starting 4 November. If the situation permits, there may be a hybrid version of the festival.
– Only films that are original in their story-telling and use of cinema language, and that meet the highest international standards, will have a chance of being selected.
– All films should be independently produced. Independently produced films which have been acquired by digital platforms are also eligible for submission.
– The festival accepts feature films above 40 minutes and short films under 40 minutes.
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2019.
– Films should have Dharamshala Premiere status.
– Entries are accepted in all languages. All non-English language films should contain English subtitles.
– Only HD format films are accepted.
– Submissions must be done via Film Freeway (link below).
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: October 1st, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DharamshalaInternationalFilmFestival
We remind readers that the Dharamshala International Film Festival will take place online from November 4th – 10th, 2021 in Dharamshala, India.
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply