The Ika-33 Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibo Pelikula at Video (Philippines) is accepting short films until April 19th, 2021. (Only for Filipino Filmmakers)
About the Award:
Gawad Alternatibo is one of Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival’s main components, and has produced outstanding filmmakers and media practitioners. Established in 1987, the annual longest-running independent film competition of its kind in the Asean Region, recognizes the best Filipino films in four categories, Short Feature, Documentary, Animation and Experimental.
– The Competition is open to Filipino citizens ONLY (based in the Philippines and abroad).
– All works must be strictly independent works and not produced for commercial screening. School-based works (i.e. theses) are eligible.
– Entries must have been completed not earlier than March 14th, 2020.
– An entry must not exceed thirty (45) minutes.
– Each participant is allow a maximum of 3 entries in each category.
– The Award accepts Short Feature/Narrative, Experimental, Documentary and Animation.
– Finalists will be screened during the Cinemalaya 2021 Film Festival, of which Gawad Alternatibo is a part.
– Previous winners in other major local and international film festivals are not eligible to join the CCP Gawad Alternatibo.
– Winners will get cash prizes.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 19th, 2021.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: RULES PDF
We remind readers that the Ika-33 Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibo Pelikula at Video will take place during the 17th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival (August 6th – 15th, 2021).
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry