The Asian American International Film Festival (United States) is accepting films until April 15th, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call. * Films must have at least one person of Asian decent from any nationality in a key creative role i.e Director, Writer Producer, etc. OR must represent the Asian diaspora experience.
About the festival:
The Asian American International Film Festival (AAIFF) is proudly known as “The First Home to Asian American Cinema.” Organized by Asian CineVision, it’s the first and longest-running festival dedicated to showcasing the moving image work by media artists of Asian descent for and about the Asian diaspora experience. The Festival takes place in New York City, the second-largest Asian American market in the U.S. Every year, AAIFF attracts audiences from all five boroughs of New York City, the tri-state region, and around the world.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic AAIFF44 will be a hybrid festival, primarily virtual with limited in-person events designed for as much safety as possible in New York City.
– The festival accepts films that have at least one person of Asian descent from any nationality in a key creative role i.e. Director, Writer, Producer, DP,etc. OR represent the Asian diaspora experience
– Submissions must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
– The festival accepts feature and short films from any genre (fiction, documentary, experimental).
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
All prices are in US dollars.
* – Fees for Students
Highlighted prices are for FilmFreeway Gold Members
– Notification Date: July 12th, 2021
To read the Rules & Regulations and apply to the festival please go here: https://filmfreeway.com/aaiff44
We remind readers that the 44th Asian American International Film Festival will take place from August 11th – 22nd (2021) both online and in cinemas (New York City, USA).
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
* People of Asian descent includes but is not limited to people from and are descended from areas now known as Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikstan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, China, Russia, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Burma, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Micronesia, and the Pacific Islands
Categories: Call for Entry