Dear Asian filmmakers, the Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival (Ukraine) is accepting films until March 1st, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
“Over the course of half a century ‘Molodist’ developed from the local, purely professional review of student films of the newly opened Faculty of Cinematography at the Karpenko-Kary University to a major international event that discovers world-class directors.
Nowadays the festival is 50 years old and its goal remains unchanged – to uncover important trends of young cinema development and to help aspiring beginner filmmakers find their way on the world cinema map. As for the new directors, it is worth mentioning a few names of filmmakers who made their debut in Kyiv throughout the history of ‘Molodist’: Tom Tykwer, Francois Ozon, Bruno Dumont, Danny Boyle, Ildiko Enyedi, Jacques Audiard, Xavier Dolan, Stephen Daldry.
The main sections – student, the first short film (fiction, animation, documentary), the first feature film and first professional full-length documentary film.”
Note: We will not show information for the National Competition.
– The festival accepts student films (under 45 minutes), first professional short (fiction, animation, documentary – under 45 minutes) and first professional full-length fiction films (over 60 minutes) for the International Competition. Full-length films (fiction, animation) about kids and for kids (10+) for the Teen Screen Competition Program. LGBTQ+ themed full-length films (fiction) for the Sunny Bunny LGTBQ+ Competition Program. First professional documentary films for the Documentary Competition Program.
– ALL Films must be produced after January 1st, 2020, at professional studios or film schools.
– Submitted films to Student and Short categories will be considered in case of availability of 35mm film print, DCP, BluRay, or HD digital files as screening media.
– Submitted films to Full-length categories will be considered in case of presence of 35mm film print or DCP as screening media.
– Films should have Ukraine Premiere status.
– Each film received by the Festival needs to have English-language subtitles as well as detailed documentation in English.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway (see link below).
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: Between April 1st – 15th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/Molodist
We remind readers that the 50th Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival will take place from May 29th until June 6th, 2021 in Kyiv, Ukraine.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry