Dear Asian filmmakers, the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (Czech Republic) is accepting films until March 31st, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (hereafter “Festival”) is a non-specialized film festival accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers’ Associations (FIAPF) in the “Competitive Feature Film Festivals” category. The Festival’s aim is to contribute to the development and promotion of artistic cinema and film industries. The following Rules and Regulations are subject to the Regulations for International Film Festivals issued by FIAPF.
Note: Although this festival has two main Competitions, we will only focus on the Crystal Globe Competition (since our readers are mostly from Asia). For more information please read the full rules and regulations (See link below).
General Rules for Crystal Globe Competition:
– Accepts feature films (fictions and documentaries).
– Production of films submitted for participation must have been completed within the 18 (eighteen) months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
– Films should be at least 60 minutes in length and must be world, international or European premiere in order to be considered for the program.
– Films must not have participated in any other international competition at any festival prior to the dates of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (films may have participated in non-competitive festivals, including festivals accredited by FIAPF in the “non-competitive festivals” category, or in national competitions at festivals in the films’ country or countries of production).
– Submitted films must not have been released anywhere (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) more than 18 (eighteen) months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
– Only online screeners and DVDs (zone/region 0) are accepted as preview screeners for pre-selection. Blu-ray and other formats are not accepted. If the submission is an online screener it must be valid (with the same password) until June 9th, 2021.
– Films submitted for pre-selection must be presented in their original language version; without subtitles if the original version is Czech or English, or with English or Czech subtitles if the original version is in any other language.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
* Regular Deadline – February 28th – 50 Euros
* Late Deadline – March 31st – 65 Euros
– Notification Date: –
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.kviff.com/en/film-professionals/film-entry (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 55th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival will take place from July 2nd – 10th, 2021 in Karlovy Kary, Czech Republic.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply