The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival is accepting films until April 1st, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. * Films must be principally made by and/or about Asian Pacific Islander individuals and communities around the world *
About the Festival:
Established in 1983, the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival is the largest film festival in Southern California dedicated to showcasing films by and about Asians & Pacific Islanders around the world.
– The festival accepts films and mediaworks that are principally made by and/or about Asian Pacific Islander individuals and communities around the world. All lengths and genres will be considered.
– Festival accepts Feature Films, Documentaries and Short Films.
– Feature films should be at least 41 minutes and is expected to be presented at the Festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise required.
– Short films should not exceed 40 minutes is expected to be presented at the Festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise required.
– Mini-Series, web series, serialized television productions should have ongoing storylines, where multiple episodes will be shown. Works eligible for this category must submit at least 3 episodes in the series, with a synopsis/description and total running time for each episode. The combined total running time should not exceed 40 minutes.
– Films that are children and family friendly MUST have a running time below 40 minutes.
– All submitted works should have been completed on or after January 1st, 2019.
– Invited entries in language(s) other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Recipients of the GOLDEN REEL AWARD for Narrative/Animation Short Film will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/Live Action Short Film category of the ACADEMY AWARDS® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy® rules.
– Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
– The Festival does not provide waivers.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 1st, 2021
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/laapff
We remind readers that the 37th Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival will take place from September 23rd – October 1st, 2021 in Los Angeles, California (USA).
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry