The Jeonju International Film Festival (Korea) is accepting films until January 18th, 2021. Here you will find more information about their Call.
About the festival:
Launched in 2000, Jeonju IFF is now recognized as Mecca of independent film festival of Asia and the widest window of avant-garde cinema around the world. While you can find latest waves of Korean independent scene in Korean Film Competition, International Competition introduces new talents across the world and showing the potential of new cinematic aesthetics. A number of new, rising filmmakers have been introduced to the world stage by Jeonju IFF and it resulted in that the awardees of Jeonju IFF have been critically acclaimed by international film festivals scene. The directors with the Grand Prize include Suwa Nobuhiro, Apichatpong Weerasrtakul, LiuJia-yin , Denis Cote, YING Liang, Matías Piñeiro and Sherad Anthony Sanchez.
– Entries must be made after January 2020.
– Feature films must be 40 minutes or more, and Short Films must be 40 minutes or less.
– All competitive sections and non-competitive sections present features and short films including fictions, documentaries, animations, experimental films, and so on.
– International Competition and Korean Competition entries must be the first or second feature of the director(s). Korean Competition for Shorts Films entries are unrelated to it.
– International Competition entries must be screened in the mentioned period of JEONJU IFF and must have one of the following premiere conditions: Asian Premiere, International Premiere, or World Premiere. And the entries must be made after January 2020. *In case that the film’s country of origin/production is registered as Asian countries and it’s shown publicly in its country of origin/production, it’s eligible for the International Competition exclusively.
– Korean Competition and Korean Competition for Shorts entries must be screened in the mentioned period of the JEONJU IFF and must have one of the following premiere conditions: Korean Premiere, Asian Premiere, International Premiere, or World Premiere. And the entries must be made after January 2020.
– In the case films have been released on DVD or Blu-ray or have been previously published through the Internet or mobile platforms, it will be not eligible for any of the Jeonju IFF official sections. (However, it’s available to be shown to private screening such as the graduation screening of the school.)
– Korean Competition, Korean Competition for Shorts, and Korean Cinema (non-competitive section) will accept the submission of a film only if the film director, also co-director is the holder of South Korean nationality.
– Submissions must be done ONLY at the Festival’s official website. Submitters must register as a member of the festival website to submit online.
– Submission is completed ONLY when the online screening link for previews is uploaded along with the entry form.
– Submission of Korean films is only available on the official Festival website in Korean. Please visit and submit your Korean films on http://entry.jeonjufest.kr/ <—– KOREAN FILMMAKERS
– English subtitles must be provided if the original language of the film is non-English.
– This festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission fee: FREE
– Deadline: January 18, 2021 (18:00 pm Korean Standard Time).
We recommend filmmakers and producers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: http://entry.jeonjufest.kr/en/ (Also this is the link to submit to the festival)
We remind readers that the 22nd Jeonju International Film Festival will take place from April 29th – May 8th (2021) in Jeonju, Korea.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.