The Buenos Aires International Documentary Film Festival (FIDBA) is accepting documentaries until July 4th, 2021. Here you will find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The FIDBA is the first International Documentary Film Festival in Argentina, a space where cinema of the real, films with the same vocation, dialogue with one another and address the diversity of forms and particular tasks that take reality as material. From this premise, the FIDBA is planned as an annual event in which they will present a selection of new directors, revisit the films of prominent authors and will recover works and films unknown to mainstream audiences.
FIDBA also aims to be a meeting place for authors to widen our perception of reality and ways of expressing it and thinking it out through film, but also the arts, new media formats and new narratives ranging from photography to instalations, from documentary theater to transmedia storytelling, not to mention the intersections between reality and fiction. The Festival is open, in short, to all documentary works that are a reflection and an effort to understand reality.
– Documentaries must have been completed after January 1st, 2019.
– The program of the Festival will include competition sections. Submitters will choose the appropriate section for the film, but this can be changed if the Selection Committee finds it necessary.
– The festival accepts Full length (over 40 minutes) and Short Documentaries (below 40 minutes).
– The Festival gives Cash Awards to the winners.
– Submissions can be done via FilmFreeway.
– Films must have Spanish or English subtitles if it is not Spanish spoken.
– The festival has many categories for international productions we advise filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations to know more.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 30th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/FIDBA
We remind readers that the 9th Buenos Aires International Documentary Film Festival will take place from September 6th – 19th, 2021 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.