The International Documentary Forum “TokyoDocs” (Japan) is accepting short documentaries for their Short Documentary Showcase until September 10th, 2019. *Only for Asian Filmmakers or Docs focused on Asian countries*
About the Short Documentary Showcase:
The Tokyo Docs is calling for videos that evoke an important theme through high-impact footage. Short Documentaries that convey today’s world primarily thought news media.
Selected entries will not only be shown during the Tokyo Docs event, but the films’ directors will also be able to take the podium and tell domestic and international decision makers from broadcasting and other media about their film entry and their own aspirations. This is a great opportunity to further develop your documentary filmmaking.
– Tokyo Docs only accepts documentary films made by people living in Japan or other parts of Asia, or documentary films on a Japan or Asia-focused topic.
– Short Docs should not exceed the 10-minute mark
– English or Japanese (subtitles or dubbing also accepted)
– Short Docs should be about current affairs, social problems, history, natural science, travelogues, etc.
– Tokyo Docs guests will vote on the entries, and a total of 600,000 yen will be awarded to the top three most outstanding entries.
– Submission fee: FREE to submit BUT if your short gets selected you will need to pay A 10,000 yen ($ 95 USD)
– Deadline: September 10th, 2019
To read more about the Rules & Regulations and download the Entry Form please follow the next link: http://tokyodocs.jp/en/sds/guideline_sds.html
We remind readers that the 9th Tokyo Docs will take place in November 4th – 7th, in Tokyo, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries/Projects please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply