The CineKasimanwa: The Western Visayas Film Festival (Philippines) is now accepting films until September 5th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
About the festival:
CineKasimanwa: Western Visayas Film Festival, ran by filmmakers for filmmakers, is currently the largest regional film festival in the Philippines in terms of programmed films, audience attendance, number of venues, number of workshops, number of live film screenings, number of outreach and satellite screenings. CineKasimanwa is also the home of the first ever short film grants program in the Philippines (Western Visayas Film Grants Program) given by a film fest in partnership with the Department of Tourism – Region VI as major stakeholder. The festival aims to be a venue for Western Visayan films, its filmmakers and their stories to be presented to local audiences and the world. The festival also accepts films from around the world. CineKasimanwa want filmmakers and peoples of the world to visit Western Visayas (Iloilo, Capiz, Aklan, Antique, Guimaras and Negros Occidental provinces) and shoot films in our islands.
CineKasimanwa screenings, programs and sections are all curated and we screen our film programs in seven major cinema venues spread across six provinces in the whole of the Western Visayan region of the Philippines: SM City Mall Cinema (Iloilo); FDCP Iloilo Cinematheque; UPV Cinematheque (Iloilo); Festival Mall Cinema (Iloilo); Robinsons Movieworld (Capiz); Robinsons Movieworld (Antique); Negros Museum (Bacolod). During our 5th edition, we screened a total number of 137 films – eight of which are Centerpiece Selections produced by DOT-Region VI, CineKasimanwa and Western Visayan filmmakers (Ilonggo Cinema) making their World Premieres. The festival has more than 10 satellite screenings around the country after its main festival scheduled annually during first week of December.
– The only competitive sections of the festival are exclusive for Filipino filmmakers.
– Films may be of any length or genre (but shorts below 15 minutes are given more weight for short film submissions). For Filipino Competitive section, we only accept 15 minutes or less.
– Films by directors who are resident of the Philippines but does not come from Western Visayas are categorized as local filmmakers and will compete in the Filipino section. They cannot compete at the Wetsern Visayas Film Grants Program which is exclusive for residents of Western Visayas only.
– The International Section, separate from the local film festival run, will screen in January 2020. The festival for local films is scheduled this November 2019
– Films should have English subtitles.
– Must not be posted in any online platform prior to screening in our festival.
– Submissions are done via Film Freeway or FestHome ONLY.
– Submission fees and deadlines:
* Depending on your FestHome subscription.
We remind readers that the 7th CineKasimanwa: The Western Visayas Film Festival will take place from November 15th – 22nd (2019) in IloIlo, Capiz, Antique, Aklan, Guimaras, and Negros (Philippines).
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: call for entry