The San Diego Asian Film Festival is accepting film until July 16th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian Filmmakers*
About the festival:
Since 2000, the San Diego Asian Film Festival has been one of the premier platforms for Asian American cinema and has grown into the largest showcase of Asian cinema in the western United States. The festival is borne out of the love for independent film and the desire to showcase the diverse Pan Asian experience through film and other arts.
– Films/videos entered into competition must be directed or principally acted by an artist of Asian or Pacific Islander descent, or contain subject matter relating to Asian or Pacific Islander cultures or communities.
– The festival accepts narrative feature, narrative short, documentary feature, documentary short, and animation short.
– Entries must have been completed after August 1, 2018. For feature-length films, the date of first public premiere (if any) must be after September 1, 2018.
– Feature length (more than 40 minutes) entries cannot have been previously exhibited in San Diego at a film festival or commercial venue, or be available for broadcast, home video, or online for American audiences, before Nov. 16, 2019.
– Short Films (less than 40 minutes) previously exhibited on the Internet are eligible for entry.
– Foreign-language entries must be subtitled in English.
– Submissions can be via Film Freeway (https://filmfreeway.com/SanDiegoAsianFilmFestival) or via Withoutabox (https://www.withoutabox.com/).
– Submission Fees (Film Freeway fees): $40 USD | $ 50 USD | $ 60 USD
– Submission Deadlines:
Regular Deadline – April 28th, 2019
Late Deadline – June 8th, 2019
Extended Deadline – July 16th, 2019
For submitting to the festival and read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: https://pacarts.org/submit/
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you discovered this call for entry thanks to this publication and you send your movie please let us know. We want to know how much of an impact we are having in the Asian cinema industry.
We remind readers that the 20th San Diego Asian Film Festival will take place from November 7th – 16th, 2019 (tentative) in San Diego (California), United States.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry