The Tasveer South Asian Film Festival is accepting film until July 26th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian Filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF) is the largest South Asian film festival in the United States and one of the two largest in the world. TSAFF takes place annually in the beautiful Pacific Northwest city of Seattle, WA, and its surrounding cities. In 2019, their 14th year, TSAFF will extend to 12 days (from previous 10), presenting thought-provoking films & forums on South Asia and its diaspora, to engage viewers in dialogue on the issues of human rights, social/political/economic justice and representation. This year the spotlight country is INDIA, with a special focus on South Asian diaspora stories.
– All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin, as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
– All works must have been released in 2017 and after.
– Washington State Premieres will have more changes of getting selected.
– The Films MUST be Seattle Premiere.
– The festival accepts feature films (more than 40 minutes) and short films (less than 40 minutes).
– Films already available online will only be selected in exceptional cases as determined by the selection committee. In general, we do not screen films that are already available online.
– Films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submissions must be done via Film Freeway.
– Submission Fees:
Feature Films – $ 35 USD | $ 45 USD | $ 60 USD
Feature Films (Students) – $ 30 USD | $ 40 USD | $ 50 USD
Short Films – $ 25 USD | $ 35 USD | $ 45 USD
– Submission Deadlines:
Earlybird Deadline – April 21st, 2019
Regular Deadline – June 15th, 2019
Late Deadline – July 26th, 2019
For submitting to the festival and read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: https://filmfreeway.com/TSAFF
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you discovered this call for entry thanks to this publication and you send your movie please let us know. We want to know how much of an impact we are having in the Asian cinema industry.
We remind readers that the 14th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival will take place from September 26th – October 6th, 2019 in Seattle (Washington), United States.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: call for entry