The Film Development Council of the Philippines announced they have created a Film Lab for Mindanao Filmmakers.
Early this week the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) announced they have created the Southern Voices Film Lab (SOVOLAB). This is an opportunity to discover the diverse and unique stories and perspectives from the South and give them the chance to develop and find the path to become full-fledged projects.
The Film Lab is open to all filmmakers from Mindanao who are developing their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd feature films. Six (6) to eighth (8) projects in the advanced stage of development will be selected. Over the course of eight (8) months, the chosen filmmakers will participate in three (3) workshop sessions in Mindanao and will be mentored by international and local experts to improve their screenplays. After a series of filters two projects will receive a co-production grant worth one million pesos.
– This Film Lab is ONLY for Mindanaoan Filmmakers.
– SOVOLAB is looking for different stories—from indigenous to genre and everything in between, exploring a variety of themes and perspectives that best represent the voices from the South.
– Project must be at the minimum a first draft script available for evaluation. It must not be in pre-production or production during the course of the Lab.
– Project must have a director and a producer attached with a budget and a financing plan.
– Proponent must commit to attend all sessions within the Lab year, including the final pitching session.
– Applicants can only submit one (1) project per year.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 12th, 2019.
– Announcement of Selected Projects: April 26th, 2019
– 1st Lab Session – May 2019
– 2nd Lab Session – September 2019
– 3rd Lab Session – November 2019
– Final Pitch to Jury and Decision Makers, Awarding Ceremony – December 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://fdcp.ph/media/fdcp-opens-film-lab-mindanao-filmmakers
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”