The Japanese Avant-garde and Experimental Film Festival is accepting film until May 31st, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call.
The Japanese Avant-garde and Experimental Film Festival aims to draw connections between classic 20th century Japanese Avant-garde Cinema and contemporary Japanese experimental filmmaking. The festival provides a platform for these cinematic movements in order to bring them to a wider audience in the UK. They encourage inclusivity, and propose to foster co-operative discourses between the practical/artistic, scholarly, and fan communities.
– The festival accepts work that examines national identity, cultural memory and perceptions of history in Japan.
– Films should be experimental.
– Productions should be made by Japanese or Japanese diaspora filmmakers/video artists.
– Films should have English subtitles.
– Films should have less than 45 minutes.
– Films should be submitted via Film Freeway.
– Submission Fee (FilmFreeway):
Standard – $15 USD
Gold Members – $13.50 USD
– Deadline: May 31st, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations: https://filmfreeway.com/JapaneseAvantgardeandExperimentalFilmFestival
We remind readers that the 2nd Japanese Avant-garde and Experimental Film Festival will take place from September 20th – 22nd, 2019 in London, United Kingdom at the Barbican Center (Silk St. London).
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry