The Hong Kong International Documentary Festival is accepting documentaries until May 10th, 2019. Here you can find more information about their call.
The festival is run by Visible Record Limited, a non-profit organization that advocates for the art and culture of documentary film. Other than producing and distributing films, it also organizes film screenings, seminars, training courses, and many other programmes to nurture documentary film talents and enhance appreciation of the film form.
In 2008, Visible Record founded the annual Chinese Documentary Festival (now the Hong Kong International Documentary Festival). It is the world’s first annual film festival to focus on Pan-Chinese documentaries and is an important exchange platform for Pan-Chinese documentaries. The past few Chinese Documentary Festivals have received funding from Lee Hysan Foundation and Hong Kong Art Development Council.
– The Chinese Documentary Competition is now open to any documentary with Chinese subject matter.
– Documentaries must be produced between January 1st 2017 to May 10th, 2019.
– Films should contain no less than 50% of dialogue in Chinese (including dialects) or issues on Chinese societies.
– The festival accepts feature docs (+ 60 minutes) and short docs (less than 59 minutes).
– Films are ineligible if they have been commercially released on DVD, available online, or publicly broadcast on any TV channels in Hong Kong.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: May 10th, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations: http://www.visiblerecord.com/en/hkidf
We remind readers that the Hong Kong International Documentary Festival will take place on September (2019), the city of Hong Kong.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: call for entry