The Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival (Japan) is accepting documentaries until April 15th (for International Docs) and May 15th (for Asian Docs), 2019. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
Located in a verdant, rolling valley far north of Tokyo, Yamagata City is the site for Asia’s first international documentary film festival. The first Film Festival (in 1989) was an event to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Yamagata City, the sponsor of the festival at the time, and has been held biennially ever since in Yamagata’s best season, October.
– Producers intend that the work is a documentary.
– The final form of the work is 16mm or 35 film print, or video/digital format (DCP, Blu-ray, video files, etc.)
– The work has no been released publicly in Japan prior to being presented at YIDFF 2019.
– Films must be completed after November 1st, 2018.
– Shorts will NOT be accepted.
New Asian Currents:
– Works by artists from or living in Asia.
– There are no restrictions on format (film or video/digital), length of work, or style.
– The festival gives Cash Awards on both competitions.
– Films must be submitted via the Festival’s website.
– Submission Fee: FREE
International Films: April 15th, 2019.
New Asian Currents: May 15th, 2019
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.yidff.jp/2019/entry/19entry-e.html
We remind readers that the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival will take place from October 10th – 17th, 2019 in Yamagata, Japan.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry