The DisOrient Asian American Film Festival is accepting films until November 30th, 2018. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
DisOrient is the premiere Asian American film festival in Oregon. For 14 years, we have presented the rich diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander stories. We use the W.E.B. DuBois standard “for us, by us, or about us” when selecting films. Our festival serves as a launching point for understanding, inquiry and action. We goal is for increased API representation in film–not only just with API stories, but any good story that features Asian American/Pacific Islanders on screen in wide-ranging roles. We are proud to showcase and promote the work of AAPI filmmakers and actors.
DisOrient Asian American Film Festival promotes the diversity of Asian American and Pacific Islander experiences. We break open the one-dimensional stereotypes of the “Oriental” and advocate for diversity and inclusion in mainstream media. DisOrient believes in the power of film to educate and positively transform our communities and the world.
– Entries must have either a principal that identifies as Asian/Pacific Islander (writer, producer, director, main actor, cinematographer) – or be about an Asian/Pacific Islander experience or subject – or be made with Asian/Pacific Islanders Americans as the target audience.
– To be considered for competition, entries must have completed production after November 30th, 2016.
– Festival accepts Feature, Documentaries, Short Films and Music Videos.
– Films can be submitted via FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.
– Submission Fee: $ 40 USD (Except for Oregon Students: FREE)
– Deadline: November 30th, 2018.
*For Oregon Student Film: January 19th, 2019*
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: http://disorientfilm.org
We remind readers that the 14th DisOrient Asian American Film Festival will take place from March 15th – 17th, 2019 at the University of Oregon in Eugene (USA).
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: call for entry