The Metro Manila Film Festival is now accepting Scripts from Students to produce Short Films until August 31st, 2018. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is an annual film festival held in Metro Manila, the Philippines. The festival, which runs from December 25 (Christmas) through New Year’s Day and into first weekend of January in the following year, focuses on Filipino films. During the course of the festival, only films approved by the jurors of the MMFF are shown in movie theaters. No foreign movies are shown except in 3D theaters and IMAX theaters.
The Short Film Student Competition provides training and enhancement workshop for students on different facets of filmmaking, from acting, directing techniques, producers’ viability considerations, animation and other filmmaking concerns. The objective is to encourage the youth to develop their creativity and talents in filmmaking.
– Filmmakers must be Filipino and Students currently enrolled at the time of application in any DepEd or CHED accredited schools, colleges or universities nationwide, as certified by the concerned school, college or university, who will direct the film.
– There shall be no limitations in the number of screenplays/scrips that participants from particular schools may submit.
– All entries shall have a minimum of three (3) minutes and maximum of five (minutes) running time, inclusive of opening and closing credits.
– All submissions must adhere to cinematic standards and must be classified as “G” or “PG” MTRCB rating.
– Entries may be narrative, documentary, or experiment format, whether live action or animation.
– All entries must have their Philippine premiere screening at the MMFF Festival.
– Dialogue should be primarily in Filipino or any Philippine dialect as appropriate. English subtitles for all entries are strongly encouraged.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: August 31st, 2018. (5:00 pm – Manila Time)
– For inquiries, you may contact the MMFF Secretariat through 882-4151 or 77 local 1173 and 1174 or email them to mmffstudentshortfilm(at)gmail.com
– You may submit your entries through this address: MMFF Secretariat’s Office, 3/F MMDA Auditorium Building, EDSA corner Orense Street, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City, 1212.
– Online submission of entries and other required documents will also be accepted through this email: mmffstudentshortfilm(at)gmail.com
You can read the Rules & Regulations, Entry Forms and other information in this link: https://www.facebook.com/mmffofficial/photos/pcb.1546956328742492/1546952162076242
To see other Call for Entries please go to our section “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry